
Mason has begun the first step in potty training...curiosity. Mason (sometimes) tells me when he goes "pee-pee or
poopy." He'll even grab his diaper to show me where. I've just encouraged this talk for the past month or so. Then, this week, he said "mommy..pee pee..potty" when he knew that I was using the restroom. I asked him if he wanted to go "pee pee in the potty." He said he did and so we proceeded to put him on the toilet. It is so cute. I taught him to grunt and push. He later said he wanted to go "pee pee in the potty" again, so we did it again and he grunted and pushed. Of course, he is not actually peeing or pooping in the potty. But he is so cute, grunting loud till his face turns red, it's hard not to laugh. Anyways, I'll continue this until I see another sign that he is ready to move forward. When he tells me he wants to go, we'll try. And if he doesn't tell me he wants to go, we won't. He's only two, but I want to
familiarize him with the toilet, if nothing else. I'm sure it'll 'click' one day in the next year, but to tell you the truth, I am not anxious about it. Diapers seem easier than potty-training to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment