
Today, we spent the afternoon at the pool. Since we pulled Mason out of his swim lessons, he loved it. We pulled him from his swim lessons because he hated them and wasn't learning for his constant screaming. We'll give it another go next year. Meanwhile, I wanted to share a tidbit of info that would have saved me some money...floats for toddlers. Around 12 months, most toddlers can crawl out of the normal baby floats that they sit in. However, even at 2 years old, they can't balance themselves in the water enough to wear life vests, arm band
swimmies, floating tubes, floating suit or any other contraption that is out there (I tried them all). The winning combination: the small tube PLUS the fabric arm band
swimmies. Today was the first successful floating day for Mason. He dipped his head under a couple of times (we were always by his side) but for the most part, he could float happily without a mouthful of water. I hope this aids you all in your attempts to float your child! (I'll have a picture of Mason's Sunday pool-day soon, I am waiting for Dover to get them off of the video camera for me.)
No comments:
Post a Comment