
A lot has been going on with Mr. Man. I have to blame my laziness in blogging on the general lack of energy I am having. But, to catch you all up, Mason LOVES his
MDO. He goes 2 days a week now and is fascinated by the whole experience. In the midst of his new
MDO schedule and my hormones, I made a 'not-so-brilliant' decision to try potty training him. The first day was a breeze. He caught on immediately, and
pottied all day long. The next day, not so much. After two more days of tears, and frustration, I decided to pull him off of the potty and wait a bit longer. His teachers supported me in this and told me that he is quite young to be potty training already and that if it takes much effort, it is too early. I did get some cute pics of his 1 day potty successes though!-ignore the chocolate on his face, he was rewarded with m&ms. Mason has been waking up much earlier and napping longer in the afternoon now, due to his new
MDO schedule. I don't mind the longer naps, but the 8:30 rising (instead of 10:30) is not so great for my exhaustion. He will come kiss my belly and poke at it, saying, "Mommy's Baby Belly". I know he doesn't fully understand because then he proceeds to tell me that he has a baby in "Matches' belly". He is excited about his new toddler-sized backpack, and matching lunch box that is supposed to arrive soon. Also, after Thursday's dramatic entrance to
MDO in the pouring rain, he has a new raincoat and
rainboots on order as well. That should make for some cute pictures. We have decided that Mason will be a Lion for Halloween this year. He loves to "
RAWR" like a lion, so this should be fun for him. Mason continues to be the firstborn love of my life. I say that because loving him is not a choice for me. He was born with my love, and as cheesy as that sounds, it is something that no one will ever take away from he and I. I am excited about this new phase of our lives. It's true that you can't imagine loving the second child as much as the first, but I am anxious to be proven wrong, as everyone tells me I will be!
No comments:
Post a Comment