
I bought Mason some different flash cards, so that I can start teaching him colors, shapes, numbers and letters. So, we began this adventure yesterday. I started with 2 colors: red and yellow. Mason did well. He said "Wed" and "Elwo". He recognized the red color, but because it was the first one he learned, he also says yellow is red. I was satisfied with his progress...but didn't know that I would later understand his whole perspective on this experience.
When Dover got home, Mason led him by the hand to the chair that Mason sat in while he was learning his colors. Mason then proceeded to sit in the chair that I sat in. Then, he took the color cards...held them out to Dover..saying, "Wed"..."Wed"...It was so cute and funny! He was teaching Dover the exact same way that I taught him earlier that morning! What cracks me up is to think back to when I was teaching him colors, realizing that he was really thinking...I bet daddy needs to learn these colors too!
No comments:
Post a Comment