http://www.thedailydover.jdover.com

Friday, June 13, 2008

DaDa's Day

Matching Father/Son Swimtrunks!

So this weekend was Father's Day and I was very excited about it. We got to take a day to celebrate and honor Dover as a Father! I surprised Dover with brunch at one of our favorite resturants, Joshua's. Mason gave Dover matching Father/Son Swimtrunks, new gym shorts, and a monitor frame decorated with pics of us. We then spent the day by the pool with family. He deserved it..and so much more! One thing I find amazing is, even though I am with Mason all of the time, he has NEVER reached for me over DaDa. That says a lot about our DaDa. Most husbands say, "I wouldn't want to be at home with the kids." Dover would LOVE to stay home with Mason but he still walks out that door every morning (and some nights) with a great attitude and the desire to provide for his family. He never complains, always sacrifices, and somehow juggles everything in a way that doesn't make Mason and I feel neglected. I do think we have the Best Dad Ever. I would fight anyone over that! Below is the Card I bought from Mason. I think it says it best...

For My Dad, For I know the Plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
(Jeremiah 29:11)
The Lord knew what He was doing when He chose you to be my father. He was looking out for me, making sure I'd get the love and discipline I needed to grow up to amount to something. I hope you got as much out of it as I did, because I got an awesome dad. And I'm really, truly thankful. Happy Father's Day.

We love you DaDa.

No comments: